I’ve decided to start a series of monthly tutorials using each month’s birthstone. February’s birthstone is Amethyst, a violet variety of quartz.
The Greeks believed it protected the owner from drunkness; they wore amethyst and made drinking vessels of it in the belief that it would prevent intoxication. Amethyst occurs in primary hues from a light pinkish violet to a deep purple. Amethyst may exhibit one or both secondary hues, red and blue. methyst is produced in abundance from the state of Minas Gerais in Brazil where it occurs in large geodes within volcanic rocks. (All information from Wikipedia).
I have included both a daytime, and night time look using purple and pinks. These looks would also be perfect for Valentines Day as well.
- Items Used:
- ELF eyelid primer
- NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Lavender
- NYX 10 Color Eyeshadow Palette in Versus
- Maybelline Amethyst Smokes Quad
- Wet ‘n Wild Brulee
- Wet ‘n Wild MegaVolume mascara
- Covergirl Lash Blast mascara
- As shown in tutorial:
- Swatches (so you can use similar items from your collection if you do not have the exact items used!)
From L to R: NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Lavender, Pink from NYX Versus palette, lavender from NYX Versus palette, lid color from Maybelline Amethyst Smokes, Crease from Amethyst smokes, Wet ‘n Wild Brulee.
Left picture with flash; right without.
- As advised by Maybelline Amethyst Smokes Quad
- Watch the tutorial: